400 CLASS PINTLE CHAIN
400 CLASS PINTLE CHAIN
400 Class Pintle Chain is a lightweight, moderately priced chain capable of handling average loads at slow or intermediate speeds. It is proportionately cast for balance, strength and long, efficient service, and is available in riveted or cottered construction. The head of each pin is notched to fit the sidebar locking lug which keeps the pin from rotating when the chain is in use. Closed bearing construction makes 400 Class Pintle Chain useful in conveying moderately gritty and abrasive materials.
With a tensile strength range from 7,800 to 28,600 pounds, 400 Class Pintle Chain is carefully cored for pitch accuracy with smooth bearing surfaces that reduce "break-in" wear causing pitch elongation.
400 Class Pintle Chain is available in a pitch range of 1.375 to 3.075 inches with a complete assortment of Brutaloy or cast steel sprockets.
A large assortment of attachments are available to handle a wide variety of applications. Styles A and G attachments are offered in right and left hand links.
As a drive chain, 400 Class Pintle is designed to travel in the direction of the barrel end of the links; as an elevating or conveying chain, its direction of travel should be toward the open ends of the links.
Commonly used in agriculture, bucket elevators, citrus processing conveyors, food processing, forest products, grain handling, high-temperature industrial ovens, parts washdown, rubber manufacturing, sugar processing, water treatment.
Pintle chains are utilized in a wide range of agricultural, industrial, and municipal applications. Each class of pintle chain has specific attributes dependent upon its intended purposes.
Both 400-class and 700-class pintle chains are utilized in wastewater collector and drive systems. Our 400-class pintle chains are made from a high-strength cast alloy and come standard with stainless steel cotters. The 700-class pintle chains are available in steel, cast, and acetal (non-metallic) materials.
600-class steel pintle chains, as well as 400-class pintle chains, are both used in various spreader applications such as; manure spreaders, salt spreaders, fertilizer spreaders, and sand spreaders. The chains are typically accompanied by crossbars/ slats for moving the material.
Pintle chains of all classes are utilized in a broad spectrum of conveyor systems because of their high strength and long wear life. It is important to note that when designing a pintle chain conveyor the chain is only made to go in one direction.
400-class, 800-class, and 900-class series pintle chains are utilized in different applications within sugar mills.
- 304 SERIES STAINLESS STEEL CHAIN (10)
- 400 CLASS PINTLE CHAIN (8)
- 600 SERIES STAINLESS STEEL CHAIN (1)
- 700 CLASS PINTLE CHAIN (2)
- AGRICULTURAL ROLLER CHAIN (31)
- BALE ELEVATOR CHAIN (10)
- BRITISH STANDARD METRIC ROLLER CHAIN (48)
- BUNK FEEDER CHAIN (7)
- CAST DETACHABLE CHAIN (6)
- COMBINATION CHAIN (2)
- COMBINE CLEAN GRAIN CHAIN (7)
- CORN HEAD GATHERING CHAIN (50)
- DACROMET COATED ROLLER CHAIN (21)
- DOUBLE PITCH ROLLER CHAIN (25)
- FORAGE WAGON APRONS (16)
- LEAF CHAIN (0)
- MANURE SPREADER APRON CHAIN (303)
- MSR CLASS BUSHED ROLLER STEEL CHAIN (3)
- MULCH SPREADER APRONS (0)
- NEW HOLLAND ROUND BALER CHAIN (12)
- NEW PRODUCT (4)
- NICKEL PLATED CHAIN (0)
- PRE-CUT PLANTER CHAIN (76)
- RIVETLESS DROP FORGED CHAIN BAR LOOP CHAIN (1)
- S TYPE AGRICULTURAL ROLLER CHAIN (12)
- SALT AND SAND SPREADERS (12)
- SS CLASS BUSHED STEEL CHAIN (3)
- STANDARD ROLLER CHAIN (45)
- STANDARD ROLLER CHAIN CONNECTING LINKS (50)
- STEEL DETACHABLE CHAIN (20)
- STEEL DETACHABLE CHAIN ATTACHMENTS (60)
- STEEL DETACHABLE CHAIN SPROCKETS (61)
- STEEL PINTLE CHAIN (16)
- STEEL PINTLE CHAIN ATTACHMENTS (30)
- STEEL PINTLE CHAIN SPROCKETS (5)
- STEEL PINTLE CHAIN WITH AS TABS WELDED (6)
- T-BAR AND T-ROD CHAIN (9)
- WELDED MILL CHAIN (2)